Saturday, September 19, 2015

Geometric Sewing Machine

When I saw a photo of Kristy's amazing Geometric Sewing Machine a few months ago I immediately wanted to make one of my own!
I have sewn a few of Kristy's patterns before  (Zoo BOM giraffe and Hexalicious pillow) and I really like all of her Geometric designs - the cat is also on my "to do " list!
Paper piecing is a great way to use up scrappy pieces of fabric - I try to do the larger sections first then am able to use some of those off cuts up in other areas.
I just did simple straight line quilting for this mini quilt and bound it in the vibrant Eggplant Dashes print from AMH Dowry.
And it is backed in Eucalyptus which is one of my favourite AMH Pretty Potent prints. 
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
Fresh Poppy Design
Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kirsten! It would make a great sewing machine cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I do like the idea of making a sewing machine cover with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were on quite a paper piecing kick this quarter! This one is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete