Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Kitten Mini quilt Swap

Last week I mailed off the Kitten Mini quilt swap package to my secret partner and now that she has received it I can post some photos
I actually had the swap mama Marni (@ Frankiesfabrics on IG) as my partner and one of the things she liked were Drunkards Path blocks. So inspired by a pillow I have here which was made by Rachel (@ woodenspoon quilts), I did a scrappy version using various cat print fabrics including the Aneela Hoey Hello Petal Kitty Cats, Cotton and Steel Hatbox cats, and quite a few others from Catnap by Lizzy House.
I  tried to mainly use some of her favourite colours of black, hot pink, orange, lime and purple and fussy cut the prints to focus on the cats, especially "Frankie". 
The mini is backed in another cat print and is quilted in straight lines. I bound it in a cute kitty paw print fabric.
I also included a zippy pouch and mug rug (made using some of the cat blocks from over at Oh Fransson) and a few other kitty themed extras. A special thank you also to a few quilty friends who sent me some cat fabrics in exchange for some charm squares as they were much appreciated!
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - this is a great one Kirsten, from the fussy cutting to the saturated colours. I'm not overly fond of kitty fabric (sorry, how rude of me) but I could handle looking at this pretty piece every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grand job you did of this mini Kirsten! You put so much thought into your swaps! I hope you received something special too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Kirsten! - your mix of kitty fabrics look gorgeous, and I really love the circle blocks. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I am so impressed with your curves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. I've not tried curves yet. Yours is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this in the "featured" pieces at Fabric Tuesday this morning -- so came over for a closer look -- just delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...I must like your quilting style as I have been clicking on links from the Finish Along not noticing who's blog it is and I keep clicking on your stuff!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, I love it, I want it, I need it. You're inspiring me to get on and do something with my cat fabric stash!

    ReplyDelete