Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Coral Cotton Crochet throw

After making a few Ripple blankets in acrylic yarn, I really wanted to try one in cotton - so when I found some on clearance, I quickly grabbed all of the remaining balls of the variegated and plain coral 8 ply yarn.
As I had twice as much of the variegated yarn, I started by doing 2 rows of the coral solid, then 4 rows of the variegated yarn and repeated this sequence which was similar to what I had done when I made the Ocean Waves blanket.
My Makers Tote came in handy to hold my crochet supplies for this throw.
There were a few wintry nights spent crocheting whilst watching TV and having some kitty cuddles.

I have kept the ripple edge along the top and bottom of the throw (because I ran out of yarn!) and I really like how it looks.
This throw finished at about 125 x 140 cm and being cotton, it is very soft and snuggly.

This project was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. And it's such a pretty colour Kirsten! A cotton blanket will come in handy as we head into Summer, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks lovely .. and such a pretty colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish! I always find acrylic throws too hot, this one looks lovely and I'm sure it feels lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like quite a time consuming project. The combination of colours is so pretty. Congratulations on the finish and thanks for linking up to the FAL quarter three on behalf of your team of hosts

    ReplyDelete