Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Denyse Schmidt mini quilt swap (2)

Tomorrow is the posting day for the DSDQ swap round 2. Once again there are some lovely mini quilts in the flickr group.
This is the mini that I have posted off to my swap partner. She mentioned she liked piecing so I have done a spider web block using the tutorial at Sew Mama Sew by Elizabeth Hartman.
I just sewed diagonally through the centre "web" and did simple echo quilting and sewing around the blocks with a blue variegated Guterman thread.
And I think I used nearly every blue DS fabric that I had here.
The "extra" item I am sending is a Zakka style pincushion using some linen paired with a couple of other DS fabrics.


Hopefully this wont take as long to get to her as my previous package to a swap partner!
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and Little Quilt Monday with Elizabeth at Pieceful Iife.
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. I love your mini! Can't see any partner not being thrilled to get a parcel like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini is beautiful! That is definitely a swap I would love to be a part of when I have a little more time. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, and wishing this one a swift journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mini! Love the pin cushion too....she is going to be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Travel blessings to your mini! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped over from Fairy Face to support another Aussie blogger! Your mini is lovely! I made a similar one (but I think my technique was different!) for another swap earlier in the year! I'm sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete