Friday, November 8, 2013

Garden Party bag

I have managed to finish off the Garden Party bag this week too. 
 The pattern is by Natalie Ross and was in a recent issue of the "Down Under Quilts" magazine, and the fabrics are "Mod Box" by Juliana Horner.
It is actually written for jelly roll strips, but I had this lovely bundle of fabrics in mind so just cut 2.5"  WOF strips from each of the 8 fabrics to use.
I love all of the earthy tones in these fabrics combined with the denimy blues - this is the other side of the bag.
I found a large button for the closure which matched the plum colour of the woodgrain fabric which is my favourite print!
I added in both a slip pocket and zippered pocket, along with a key fob clip - I seem to do these for most of the bags I have make now as I find them so useful!
Linking to the Purse Palooza hosted by Sara of Sew Sweetness.
Sew Sweetness
Kirsten.

5 comments: