Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Typo" 241 bag

I am planning on making a Noodlehead 241 Tote bag for my sister-in-laws rather belated birthday present, and thought I should make another one first to make sure I knew what I was doing. 
I have loved the Ruby Star Shining Typewriters fabric since I first saw it and finally bought a half metre of it last week. There are a few 241 bags in the Noodlehead Flickr group made from the "typewriters" and they all look fabulous, so I decided to use the same fabric to make this one.
I bought the teal colourway and paired it with some natural quilters linen and a matching orange couduroy for the side pockets. 
And used a piece of the typewriter fabric for an inside pocket.
I cut all of the pieces of fabric and interfacing for this bag yesterday morning, and sewed it up in the afternoon so it is quite a quick pattern to sew up. (That is providing you are actually cutting iron-on interfacing rather than the "sew-in" one or that step will take you twice as long!!!)
I prefer to print out the print it yourself (PIY) patterns twice, cut out the pieces and stick the duplicates together (one facing up and one down) along the "place on fold" line  rather than placing all pattern pieces on the fold as I find it more economical fabric-wise. There are some great tips on the PIY patterns here on Ali's blog "a2(w)".
Linking to {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and to the Purse Palooza flickr group.



Sew Sweetness
Kirsten.

14 comments:

  1. this is so fun. i love the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! This print is sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! I cut into my typewriters this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fabulous bag. And you get to keep your practise one - love that typewriter fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag! The corduroy adds great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern, it's very fun to make. Yours is awesome! Clever use of that typewriter fabric and such great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks awesome! i've been trying to get around to my 241 tote since before christmas - also in the typewriter fabric, with an orangey/red linen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love all the fussy cutting on this, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this one too! Just purchased some echino to try my hand at this bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Здравствуйте, выкройку как можно преобрести??

    ReplyDelete