Monday, December 1, 2014

"Leo" Super tote

Ok, so we are in December now and I have only just finished my mum's birthday bag using the fabulous Super Tote pattern by Anna @ Noodlehead.
Her starsign is "Leo" so that is an indication of how late this birthday present is!!!
But I so wanted to use some Cotton and Steel "August" prints for her bag and had to wait until my order for these beautiful fabrics came in.
I used the Hide & Seek in Green for the pocket along with the Diamondback in Teal for the front of the tote.
And teamed the August "Lion"  with some Cloud 9 organic Koi waves smiles in plum for the back and the recessed zipper panels.
This bag is quite deep so I lined the bag with a natural seeded cotton homespun so it is easier to see down to the bottom of it.
Hoping she enjoys using this belated birthday pressie! 
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design

And this project was also on my Q4 FAL list with the Finish - along hosted by Katy @ The Littlest Thistle.
Finish Along 2014
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. I agree about having a light coloured lining to find things more easily! I bet your Mum loves her new bag- and it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fabric combination and I agree worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, and yay, another finish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a sweet and talented daughter! Moshe will love it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric choice! What a nice birthday present, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning.Love your fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, so much thought in your choices!

    ReplyDelete