Monday, March 7, 2016

Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt

The Very Hungry Caterpillar book by Eric Carle was one of my childrens favourite stories when they were young, and I recently used the fabrics to make a baby quilt.
Like the Tribal Woodlands baby quilt I made last year, I again used the the Jeliquilts Plus quilt pattern by Kelly.
I started with a few of the Very Hungry Caterpillar fabrics and added in a few coordinating prints.
For the quilting, I used the Serpentine stitch as it made me think of a caterpillar crawling over the quilt:)
For the backing, I used some Ed Emberley "Happy Drawing" fabric.
And a lime binding to finish it all off - these frogs really are very cute.
Still not convinced the white background was the best choice for a baby quilt but I couldn't decide on an alternative  - anyway, it does look nice and fresh!
 
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. It is difficult being caught between practicality and a design decision! White can be tricky to clean! The red, green and blue crosses are a great contrast to the printed fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Kirsten! We have used a few white background baby quilts and they've survived surprisingly well ;o) Thank you for participating in the 2016 FAL, on behalf of the global FAL hosts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this quilt! It is so dramatic and it makes me smile!! Thank you for participating in the 2016 FAL, on behalf of the global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete