Saturday, May 19, 2012

Zakka Style - Cloud (and Leafy) mug rug

After my not so neat attempt at needle turn applique, I decided to start again and do the cloud using fusible webbing, ala Quilt Dad which I liked much better.
I used perle threads in a few shades of blue for the stitching of the "rain".
I didn't have any light blue linen so bought some pure linen which as you can see, crushes badly! 
I had some of the grey dot fabric so used it for the binding on the cloud mug rug, and a pretty green for the leaf one.
Linking to LR stitched, to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and to Little Quilt Monday at Pieceful LIfe with Elizabeth.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Here's to fusible web! Love the perle cotton...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fusible web is the best and the mug rug looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already liked the cloud mug rugs, but now the leaf is catching my eye...very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both adorable. I'm really loving those dotted borders.

    ReplyDelete