Monday, August 12, 2013

Simply solid X and + quilt!

The binding is now stitched down on my first Bee quilt !
These blocks were made by my fellow Simply Solids Fallow group members using a tutorial from here. I asked the group to "Stash-bust" and I love the variety of colours that they have used for the blocks. I added in some bright cornerstones and used a dark grey for the sashing, then a royal blue for the binding.
 
I just did fairly simple echo quilting along the sashing and in the "X" parts of the blocks, which shows up with the black backing.
I laid the blocks out in the order of our monthly bee blocks so the blocks from the Fallow group are as follows:
Thank you all so much for being a part of my first Bee quilt!

Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
This quilt was also on my list of 3rd quarter finishes for the FAL hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt.
Kirsten.

22 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful.. we made these blocks for our group (UK and IRELAND)and I was wondering how it would look when made up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Kirsten, I LOVE it, it just popped up in my Flickr stream!! Gorgeous blocks, and great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your x and + quilt is great! This pattern works really well with the solids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just fabulous! Perfect quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That looks fantastic Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my it's amazing. How wonderful you get to keep this goodness in your home! Yippee bee ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous - I absolutely love this block in solids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirsten! This is my favourite!!! You know how there are so many beautiful quilts around but some of them just are The Quilt with bit t - this is for me! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic Kirsten! Amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, very nice, love all the colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay - it looks awesome! Haha, there is no way I am going to figure out whose block is where in my quilt! I've got it finished up but I need to take photos...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be my favorite version of this! I haven't seen it in solids before. Looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, it is wonderful. Love that design with the solids. Your Bee did a fabulous job. Love the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! It looks fabulous. So fun to see them all together, such a successful quilt with the grey and dark tones highlighting the colours so well. Cool to so easily see whose is whose, I don't think you'll be able to tell with my upcoming one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I love it!! SO fun and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this looks great :)

    Hilary
    http://www.youngtexanmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kirsten .......this quilt is fabulous! Stopping by from Quilt Story! Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - looks fabulous made up in solids. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete