Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pineapple pillow

After making "The Big Pineapple" quilt earlier this year, I had enough yellow and green scraps to make a matching pillow from the leftovers.
These pineapple blocks are so cute and were a great way to use up my stash of yellow and green fabrics.
Once it was all sewn together, I used my trusty Hera marker to mark the lines for quilting.
And like for the Pineapple quilt, I again did cross-hatch quilting on this pillow so they match.
The backing is a bright and colourful orange pineapple print.
And then some lime green binding to finish it off.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. Will the quilt live with pineapple cushion?! I always think it is nice to make a matching cushion, especially if the quilt is being used on a bed! Very tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! I have never marked quilting lines this way. Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete