Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sew Sew Modern 6 swap sent...

Last week I mailed off the parcel to my Sew Sew Modern 6 partner.
The main item I made was a mini quilt using the amazing "Repository" paper pieced pattern by Katie @ Good Golly Ginger. 
 I used fabrics from a variety of Anna Maria Horner collections to create a rainbow effect in the block then densely quilted it in lines radiating out from the centre.
The back of the quilt is a Cloud 9 print which shows the quilting on the mini better.
As one of the extra items, I made an armchair sewing caddy using a tutorial by Amy @ During Quiet Time. I used a few more AMH fabrics and featured the eucalyptus print on the front as this is coming from Australia.
 I also made a little First Aid pouch using my tutorial as I think this will be handy for my partner (hint..hint...)
Hoping this doesn't take too long to travel to my partner, and that she enjoys this little parcel.
And also that the Tim Tams don't melt:(
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gifts. Lovely fabrics. You partner will be very happy with this gifts. Well done! Your partner is so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if your parcel is going to the northern hemisphere, the TimTams should be okay! I love everything about this! I hope you get an equally lovely parcel in return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty mini quilt, I'm sure your partner will love it. I like that pattern--i'll have to check it out. I like the ideas for your extras too--that sewing caddy looks great (and useful too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your swap package is wonderful. I have no doubt it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mini, and sure, the Tim Tams will be much more melted where they're going ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful parcel! Love the mini you made, I've not seen one like it before - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very lucky swap partner! You made great fabric and design choices for your mini quilt, and the extras are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up with Mini Quilt Monday - this turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete