Sunday, September 22, 2013

A little Liberty Love!

September is Craft book month at Craft Buds!  I really wanted to make something from the Liberty Love book that I received for my birthday a few months ago, so when I saw that Penny had started up a Marcelle Medallion quilt along I thought that it might be the push start I needed to make one. 
 Alas, between birthdays and sport finals, September is quite a busy month in our household so all I could manage was a smaller project from the book, a sweet little pincushion.
I used some Chicopee fabrics from Denyse Schmidt,  with a piece of black denim for the back of the pincushion - the large white ric rac was in my stash from my scrapbooking days.
I tried to arrange the fabric strips in the warm/cool colours for the log cabin block. 
This was such a fun and quick project - although I do hope to still make the Marcelle Medallion quilt one day!
Linking up with Craft Buds - pop over to see the other lovely craft book projects that have been made. There is also a blog hop with lots of fabulous inspiration!
Kirsten.

12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design Kirsten! And I love the ric rac trim too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this book after putting it down a few times and I have a feeling I will make a few project from it - I am especially keen to make the dress. Maybe, just maybe, I will THINK about the Medallion quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great fabric and i like the warm / cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a cute wee pincushion it is too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neato! Its so bright and happy! Pretty sure I have one of those oranges in my horde - guess I better get to sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little pincushion, I keep meaning to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pincushion! Bright and a little big gypsy spirited :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pin cushion. That book is so on my list. Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete