Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Owl" You Need Sewing Buddy!

As I mentioned last week, one of the first FAL projects I wanted to do was to make this little owl using the tutorial by Shanni Loves.
I ended up cutting some felt circles to make the eyes, and just used a zig zag stitch to attach the outer white circle, then stitched the inner blue circle on along with the green button.
I haven't loaded the owl up with too much yet and I think that the Prints Charming fabrics I chose have worked well to give the illusion of "feathers"! Thank you so much for the tutorial Shannon - I can definitely see me making more of these:)
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and with the 4th Quarter FAL with Leanne @ She Can Quilt.

Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. He's really cute, and you're right, the Prints Charming fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that owl??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Could not pin it but she looks adorable with the cutter in her wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I love your fabric choices and how it 'holds' things and keeps you organised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute!!! Now I want to make one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owls is so cute and positive!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owls are so cute!! So glad you enjoyed the pattern!

    ReplyDelete