Monday, March 21, 2016

The Big Pineapple quilt

After making a Pineapple mini quilt and runner recently, I decided to make a lap sized quilt using a cute pattern by Jackie Padesky.
I already had plenty of yellow and green fabrics so just needed some white for the background. 
Last week, I finished sewing the yellow pineapple blocks.
Then got the quilt pin basted ready for quilting.
I found the perfect yellow backing for the quilt to match the bright colour of the pineapples.
For the quilting, I did a simple cross hatch which kind of resembled the texture of a pineapple and then bound it in some of the teal green. 
And because I live in Australia and we have a great love for "Big Things" this has now been renamed "The Big Pineapple Quilt" in honour of the iconic Pineapple at Nambour in Queensland.
Above photo courtesy of @carrose on IG
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.

2016 FAL
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations for this work! I really love this quilt, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I like this alot - and perfect binding! I'll share it on the FAL fb page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!!! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern. Together with your lovely fabrics a beautiful quilt. Congrats with this finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! I just collected a bunch of these blocks in a swap and love how your quilt is put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming quilt--you did such a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome - love the pineapple theme (and that Big Pineapple - how fun!!) Thank you so much for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete