Sunday, June 19, 2016

Tula "Coastal Cruiser" Poolside Tote

A couple of days before attending the trunk show by Tula Pink at the Gold coast, I decided to make a tote bag to bring with me...  
So I dug out some aqua canvas and scraps of Tula Pink fabric along with the Poolside tote by Anna @ Noodlehead
The Coastal Cruiser pattern is a free pattern by Tula Pink.
I decided not to make the outer pocket as I wanted to feature the VW camper of the outer panel of the tote bag.
I used quite a few of my favourite Tula fabrics for the applique and featured the anchor from Salt Water in place of the the vans logo.
To make the tote sturdier, I quilted the bag panel to some scraps of quilt batting and a layer of calico.
On the inside of the tote I added in a couple of pockets - a zippered one and also a slip pocket.
I managed to finish the tote in time to take to the Tula Pink trunk show and afterwards went to visit my daughter who lives at the Gold Coast. 
There is a lovely BBQ area where she lives so I took a few "poolside" photos.
I have made a couple of the Poolside Totes, but I think this is my favourite one so far as the Coastal Cruiser was just perfect for a large beachy bag.
And I even got a {slightly blurry} photo of the tote with Tula....
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
Fresh Poppy Design
And also with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Did you get Tula to autograph your bag?! She was autographing dresses and bags and books up here in Brisbane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! It would be nice to get guest like Tula to Finland! That will never happen...I'm sure :( Thanks for lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent combination Kirsten and perfect timing. So pleased you were also able to catch up wth your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely big bag and the VW camper really emphasizes the retro feel of the shape. great pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Tula is making a dash for the door with it! It is gorgeous - I wouldn't blame her. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete