Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ireland hopping

Hi everyone, I am doing a guest post on Sarah @ Fairyface designs blog today as part of her {Sew} Get Started tutorials. Sarah kindly invited me to do a tutorial to make a mini quilt using half square triangles.
I was just doing a little bit of research on Cork which is where Sarah lives, and found that in the next county to where she lives, there is a place called Lismore. I live in another city named Lismore, in NSW, Australia which was possibly named after the Lismore in Ireland as it has fairly similar scenery. Lismore (Ireland) and Lismore (Australia) are twin cities
I really want to travel to Ireland one day but for now this is as close as I can get to being there. So please pop on over to Sarahs to see the tutorial.
FairyFace Designs
If you have come here from Fairy Face designs to have a look round, thanks for stopping by. 
PS: I have used fabrics from Denyse Schmidts' "Daisy Mae" range.
Linking to LIttle Quilt Monday at Pieceful LIfe.
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. Love all the combinations of HST minis you show here. Off to read the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute minis! I'll have to head over and take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Kirsten. Are you participating in the DS charm swap at http://thatmoxiegirl.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/denyse-schmidt-charm-swap.html

    I am in - twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet wee mini, hope you get to Ireland for real :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great tutorial and the mini are gorgeous! If you ever get to Ireland, you better hop over and see me too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun tutorial! I love all of the combinations you came up with. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go....love your minis : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgoodness - i love these. so simple. so easy. so effective! the colors just sing .. maybe this is what i need for my kitchen wall!

    ReplyDelete