Monday, August 14, 2017

Melba Swoon quilt

Earlier this year I joined in the Swoonalong on Instagram and started making some Swoon blocks using a mix of Melba and Matilda fabric by Emma Jean Jansen.  
By late January, I had 16 blocks sewn and then the weather got very hot here and I didn't feel like doing much sewing.
It is now winter here and I decided to sew a couple of extra blocks so that I could make 2 quilts, each of 9 blocks.
This is the first of the two quilts - it finished at about 62" square which is a nice lap quilt size.
This was quilted at my LQS, Rainbow Patchwork with a swirly design using a mid grey thread.
The pantograph shows up really well against the charcoal background fabric.
This quilt is a gift for my one of my nieces as she is about to finish high school.
Back soon with some photos of the second quilt made from these blocks....
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finish! I love the Swoon pattern! :-) Thank you for participating in the FAL and playing along with us! From the Global FAL Hosts!

    ReplyDelete