Monday, June 22, 2015

Sublime - my "MisDirection" quilt

Jess from The Elven Garden recently designed another stunning quilt named "MisDirection" which featured in the Quilt Con 2015 magazine.
And as Jess was wanting to release the pattern, I volunteered to be one of her team of pattern testers.
The fabrics I used were inspired by a bundle I won from my LQS Rainbow Patchwork - these prints are from Erin McMorris "Astrid" range (which BTW always makes me think of the Cold Chisel song "Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye").
So I chose a selection of B&W and lime prints all from my stash and used low volume/tone on tone fabrics for the remainder of the pattern. 
The HRT's are in a made in a similar way to HST's so the whole quilt came together quite quickly.
I quilted this by doing quilting in straight lines on my domestic sewing machine echoing the main design which gives the quilt such a great texture!
And bound the quilt in some groovy lime binding before taking this quilt out to do a quick little photoshoot in our town.
I spotted this arty wall a few weeks ago and thought the VW combi was the perfect backdrop for photos.
The "MisDirection" pattern can be found in the Quiltcon 2015 magazine and Jess will officially be releasing the pattern in March next year.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
Fresh Poppy Design
Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. I saw Jess' quilt at the Kiama show - it was beautiful. Love your version too, especially all the straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! That wall is PERFECT for the photo op of your MisDirection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you've chosen and the background was perfect for photo taking!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete