Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sweet Heart

I have seen a few of these pixelated heart patterns around and thought I'd do one for Valentines Day.
I went through my stash and found a few red and pink prints to use, along with some tone-on-tone white fabrics.
There are quite a few different heart designs - some use squares only and others have a few HST on the edges.
I used the Colour of My Heart pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop but downsized it by cutting 2 1/2 inch squares like Jennifer @ The Quilted Cat did. 
I quilted it in a cross hatch grid design using a variegated red Gutermann thread and backed it in a cute heart patterned print.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt story.

Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Your heart turned out beautifully! I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics are perfect. What a lovely little quiltie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics are perfect. What a lovely little quiltie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet :o) I don't really have enough saturated pink in my stash to be able to pull that off

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful bright and happy!
    Trust you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete