Monday, June 15, 2015

Le Challenge - Single

The challenge theme last month at Le Challenge was "single" so I decided to make a "single" block using a "single" range of fabric.
I am planning on making a full size Norway quilt soon so when I saw this Norway mini made by Meredith (@mgrknits on IG) the other day I really wanted to give it a try.
I used similar fabrics to Meredith for this mini -  Elizabeth Olwens' Wildwood fabrics by Cloud 9 as the colours fitted the original design well.
Then quilted it in a dense cross hatch pattern with the mini finishing at almost 13". 
In hindsight, I probably should have left the block just as it was here though as I have totally mucked up the borders - I did use a 1/4 inch foot on my machine so not sure where I have gone wrong but as I was running out of time I didn't have a chance to go back and fix it:(
I only started sewing this on Saturday and inbetween going shopping with my daughter and watching my sons play soccer and doing some driving hours with them, I managed to finish this off on Sunday night. 
Linking up with Le Challenge.
Le Challenge
And also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely Kirsten! I like the mismatched red squares! It gives it some quirkiness that I like! You sure do work quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Norway quilts but I think I need to do some research. This is an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I do love a mini quilt! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with precision too. Someone said that your 1/4-inch seam varies with where you sit when you sew. I can believe it. knitnkwilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your single little mini quilt is so nice. Glad you got it done for the challenge so all could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You used one of my favourite fabric collection, love the mini quilt, thanks for sharing on le challenge.

    ReplyDelete