Sunday, November 4, 2012

X-factor pillow swap - round 3

For the third round of the X-factor pillow swap, there was a theme of triangles. I had already been playing with some Thangles again so decided to do a HST pillow.
I used a variety of Denyse Schmidt fabrics from the Aunt Edna, Daisy Mae and Richmond ranges, in autumny colours of orange, dark blue, grey and a touch of chartreuse.
The quilting was done in straight lines again, some of it in orange thread and the remainder in white to match the background fabric.
And bound it in one of my favourite stripey fabrics from Daisy Mae - I am also going to use this for binding my DS swoon when it is done.
The voting is all done now so the pillows are on their way to their new homes - as usual, the quality of the pillows in the swap is amazing, and they are all so different. I can't wait to see which one arrives at my house in a few weeks!
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in left sidebar).
  Kirsten.

14 comments:

  1. I love it!! Great fabrics and love the orange thread too! Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushion is lovely! I'm loving orange at the moment! I look forward to seeing which one comes to live with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the orange and blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors Kirsten... That's a beautiful pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design and the fabrics are perfect. Lucky partner indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another triumph kirsten - gorgeous cushion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pillow and love you fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely pillow! Fresh and bright colours!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home and catching up on everything now, this is fab and sure your partner will appreciate it :o) Love all the other things you've been working on recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really can't go wrong with HSTs. I love the extra zing that the orange stitching gives. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillow and the orange thread too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pillow, I really like the orange thread. I never would have thought of doing the outline in a different thread color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE all the orange! lucky partner for sure!

    ReplyDelete