Monday, March 9, 2015

Rainbow Ripple Rug

I have always loved the look of Ripple blankets but I haven't really done much crochet since my teens when granny squares were popular.
I decided to start by making a ripple blanket using the fabulous Neat Ripple tutorial by Lucy over at Attic 24.
I chose about 16 colours of yarn to make up a rainbow of colours.
I did about 4 rounds of each colour so ended up with 64 rows plus the borders - the ripples really give the blanket such a great texture!.
Once I got going, it was quite easy to do as it is mainly just treble crochet or variations of the same stitch - I usually did this of an evening whilst watching TV or catching up on shows/movies I had recorded. 
I have really enjoyed making this blanket so the next crochet project I am going to do is the Cosy-Crochet along which is also by Lucy, and is being hosted by Sharon @ Lilabelle Lane.
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kirsten, that's amazing. I can't crochet and tend to talk about it in the hushed tones reserved for voodoo and magic - it's just incredible to me that you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow ripple looks wonderful! Lucy from Attic 24 provides such awesome crochet goodness.I really must finish my crochet I started a "little" while ago using one of Lucy's patterns.

    ReplyDelete