Sunday, May 6, 2012

Zakka sew-along : Pencil case

The Zakka Style project for week 5 was a pencil case/pouch. This was quite a tricky project and there was a lot of swearing seam ripping involved in making it! 
I decided to use some Joel Dewberry  Heirloom fabrics in the Citrine colourway as they look lovely against the linen.
I have seen a few others using the "pencil case" for storing other items - crochet hooks or reading glasses for example. 
But I want to use mine to keep my rotary cutter in so I added a layer of wadding to the inside. 
And it fits perfectly!
Linking to LR stitched, Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt story (buttons in left sidebar).
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. Great idea for your "pencil" case! And I love the fabrics you chose. Heirloom is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely (and so simple!) Glad to hear that I wasn't alone in needing the services of a seam ripper to get this project finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love that rotary case idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and such a good idea to use it for your rotary cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea for it, I may tackle one later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It WAS a little tricky, wasn't it? Yours looks great & what a nice idea for your rotary cutter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if I'd ever make that pencil case but after seeing your gorgeous one and how you've re purposed it, I think it'll be next on my list!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, using it for a rotary! I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, rotary cutters deserve a lovely place to sleep.

    ReplyDelete