Monday, August 10, 2015

Norway

I picked up my Norway quilt from the quilters last week and was able to finish sewing down the binding yesterday afternoon. 
So I quickly went down to the local park to take some photos before it got too dark.
The quilt backing is a pretty floral print from Picadilly by Denyse Schmidt which I just love and I used a shot cotton in an Orchid colour for the binding.
It also seems that the previous few Pantone "colour of the year" challenges may have had a positive effect on me as I wasn't a huge fan of pinks (Radiant Orchid) or browns (Marsala) before but now I love the warmth of them together! 
This photo I took whilst sewing down the binding is probably the best one to show the lovely quilting done by Karen at Rainbow Patchwork.
This is quite a large quilt, finishing at about 78" square so just for comparison, here is the quilt along with the mini Norway version I made a few weeks ago.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. I cant remember if I commented before on this quilt. I have been loving the pattern but your colours really work so well with it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of color is really beautiful and I love this block design in the edge to edge format without any borders. It really keeps the overall aesthetic very modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has turned out beautifully. Loved the quilting and your backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful Kirsten and the orchid shot cotton is a great binding choice. Interesting how our tastes change over time and with varying experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo gorgeous Kirsten! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete