Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mouth Stitches Tote bag and fob.

The tote bag and key fob for the Mouthy Stitches swap are due to go in the mail tomorrow and I have just finished sewing the label on the inside of the lining so it is all ready to post to my partner.
I decided to make a Granny Square for one panel of the tote bag, in pretty colours which my partner likes,
 And then did a rainbowy AMH  feather on the other side, which looks very bright and colourful against the dark grey cotton/linen blend which I used for the main fabric.
This is the first time I have used these new leather "gemini stitches" labels which I bought after seeing them on the Bijou Lovely blog - my partner can always remove it if she wishes to reverse the bag.
And the matching key fob is made so that it can be worn over her wrist if needed - I have one like this for my car and house keys and I love it! It keeps your hands free and you are less likely to lose or drop your keys.
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in left sidebar).
Kirsten.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely tote and key fob Kirsten! I am sure your partner will love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely swap package you stitched up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous tote bag! I love both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tote and it would be very happy in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the key fob and the bag. It is so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kirsten that is so gorgeous! Love the granny and the feather. That label is brilliant too :) lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the tote and fob are gorgeous Kirsten!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous make! I really like how the feather is off center. Makes it interesting. Fab fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, especially the AMH feather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Love the tote - simply gorgeous on both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks bright and lovely, on both sides!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cute bag! What a lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on flickr as well. Love that feather!!! Is there a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty hand stitching! Your partner will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeousness. Love that feather. You have excellent taste in fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete