Sunday, August 17, 2014

Red Letter Day quilt

As I finished up the binding on my Red Letter Day quilt last night, it was pouring rain so I didn't think that I would be able to take photos today, but fortunately it has cleared up this morning and everything is all fresh and sparkly outside.
must say that I really love the effect of the scrappy binding and will definitely be doing it again!
I kept the quilting quite simple on this one - just echo quilting along the seams and with the Bliss aqua dots flannel backing it is still super soft.
It is hard to decide on my favourite block...
Possibly the navy one in the top corner, although I do really like the orange "Marmalade"one as it was the first block I made at the class with Camille back in June.
 The obligatory kitty photo bomb!
Just love how pretty the Sundae Scallop prints look together!!!!!
Hoping it stays cold here for a bit longer so I can snuggle up with this quilt:)
I have really enjoyed the whole process of making this quilt -  the class with Camille and Holly was so much fun, and it was great to meet up with some of my bloggy quilty friends in Brisbane.
Stats:
Pattern: Red Letter Day by Thimbleblossoms
Size: 67.5 x 67.5" (each block is 22.5 x 22.5")
Fabrics: Bonnie and Camille prints from Bliss, Ruby, Marmalade, Scrumptious, Vintage Modern, Happy Go Lucky, April Showers and Miss Kate. 
Background fabric: Prima solid in "Natural"
Backing: Bliss aqua dot flannel
Binding: Sundae Scallop from Ruby and Miss Kate.
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt StoryAnd this quilt was on my list of finishes for the Q3 FAL hosted by Katy @ The Littlest Thistle so this is another tick off my list.
Kirsten.

15 comments:

  1. awesome! congrats on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, it looks fantastic. I'm a bit jealous because I still haven't finished my back yet. Not likely to happen today either because the weather is just so lovely after yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking forward to this day since you started - it turned out beautifully and what a great story it has, with it's beginning with Camille and all...And I agree....delightful binding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very special quilt Kirsten! The scrappy binding is the perfect finish. And how lovely to have a flannel back too. (But I am SO over winter, I will be happy to take the quilt off the bed, sooner rather than later!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it love it love it!! Gorgeous job Kirsten, it's beautiful. Love the navy and the Marmalade blocks, and the scrappy scallop binding looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for dry, and love that scalloped binding

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Adore the scrappy scallop binding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, right down to that binding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just gorgeous Kirsten - I love that you backed it in flannel too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!!! Great finish! I love that you backed it with flannel. It will be super snuggly which of course means you may have a fight on our hands to ever get to use it. I am partial to the two same blocks you are. Your scrapping binding is a perfect finish for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a great finish it is. It's fun trying to choose favourite blocks in a quilt - lots of good memories in the making of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is absolutely gorgeous! I really need to make one! The navy block is definitely a favorite with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! It's absolutely beautiful! And you have such a great story behind it with your class as a start. Delighted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the navy block is my favorite, too. Your finish is lovely -- I'm sure Camille would approve. ; )

    ReplyDelete