Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Swiss Minty Mojito quilt

The Swiss quilt by Camille Roskelly @ Thimbleblossoms has long been on my list of quilts to make as I really love "plus" quilts.
 
I changed from the red fabrics in the original quilt pattern to minty shades of green as it is one of my favourite colours and I seemed to have "collected" quite a few fabrics in these colours over the years.
The blocks were made over a few weeks and this was a great project to do over summer as I could just sew a few blocks whenever I had some spare time.
This quilt was longarm quilted at my LQS Rainbow Patchwork in a leafy design which I think suited this quilt well.
The backing is a floral print in shades of green which was just perfect for this quilt.
And the binding is another mint fabric which is almost a solid but with subtle variations in colour.
The quilt was named after my favourite fabric used in the quilt which was the Deity elephant print in Mojito from the "Eden" range by Tula Pink.
I am already keen to make another one of these "Swiss" quilts - the only problem now is to decide what colour to make it in this time...
This project was on my Q1 FAL list for this year so linking up with the 2018 FAL team.
Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love a Plus quilt and not sure I'd seen this particular design. I like! Congrats on the FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete