Sunday, August 31, 2014

AMB AMH Chicopee feathers quilt!

I went up to Brisbane this weekend for a school reunion and got home on Sunday in time to snap some pics of my newly finished Chicopee Feathers quilt! 
I am so very happy with how this quilt has turned out!

I don't usually piece the back of my quilts but thought a simple strip of feathers was just right for across the centre.
It is the last day of winter here in Australia and the late afternoon sun was at just the right angle to show off the quilting.
Karen's quilting is amazingly perfect - almost like a breeze blowing through the feathers.
A very big thank you and lots of hugs go out to all of the lovely ladies in the Aus Mod Bee group on flickr - without you I would never have got all of these feathers made!
This quilt will always be so very special to me and remind me of the blocks that we all made for each other.
Stats:
Size: 90 x 81"
Pattern: Feather Bed quilt by Anna Maria Horner
Fabrics: Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt, Prima solid in Light Grey. 
Backing: Daisy Mae by Denyse Schmidt.
Batting:  50% Bamboo/cotton
Binding: Chicopee Ladder Dot in Black - Denyse Schmidt 
Quilted by: Karen at Rainbow Patchwork, South Lismore NSW Australia
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design
This quilt was on my FAL Q3 list so also linking up with Katy @ The Littlest Thistle.
Kirsten.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful Kirsten!! Just gorgeous, you must be absolutely thrilled with it, and I'm so happy to have contributed to it! Lovely pics too, they capture the quilt so perfectly. Wahoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt Kirsten! You must be very proud of it- I love the yellow backing! It positively glows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a lot of feathers! They look great together! The pieced back look wonderful and the quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I've been waiting to see this quilt, and it is awesome! I'm so glad you had time to take such brilliant photos of it! Well done, front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's beautiful, and love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And it looks great! The quilting is just the thing. It's always so good to see a collaborative quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your completed quilt is gorgeous. I love the back and the quilting. I have been putting more effort into piecing backs. Yours would make a lovely second quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting is gorgeous. It really does make it look like feathers drifting in the wind. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete