Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Thimbleblossoms mini quilt swap

Last year I joined up for the Thimbleblossoms mini quilt swap round 2 (#tbmqs2 on IG) in which we were to use one of the many Thimbleblossoms designs to make a mini for our partner.
I was assigned to TB team Candy and when I got my partners details, I decided to make her a Swoon mini quilt as it was one of her favourites, along with floral fabrics.
The prints I chose were also from Bonnie and Camille , and as my partner also liked aqua I tried to include quite a bit of it for the mini.
For the background, I used a red on cream spot which matched in with the B&C fabrics perfectly.
The quilting was done on the diagonal with lines about 1/2" apart, and finished with a solid aqua binding
Along with the mini I also sent a fabric pouch made using a couple more Thimbleblossoms patterns - a mini Dwell and one of the spools.
And also a few extra items along with something for her little boy...
Thanks to Kristi @sugarndspice77 for organising the swap!
Fresh Poppy Design.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
2016 FAL
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Darling Swoon! You are the master! Isn't this on you Q1 list of 2016, not your Q4 list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely finish Kirsten! That Swoon pattern just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely mini! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete