Friday, December 4, 2015

X-factor "Love Actually" pillow

For the latest round of the X-Factor pillow swap, there was a "holiday" theme so I decided to make a pillow using the Moda "Love" quilt pattern, as my favourite holiday movie is "Love, Actually".
Inspired by the "Merry Christmas, Darling" pattern by Bonnie @ Cottonway, I used a mix of Bonnie and Camille fabrics for this pillow in festive colours of red and green.
I changed the pattern a little by using a fussy cut piece from "Hello Darling" in place of the centre block as the fabric reminded me of a Poinsettia bloom.
The back is a green chevron to match the solid lime binding.
 This pillow fits an 18" insert and has a hidden zipper in the back.
I have posted this off to its new home and hoping it gets there in time for Christmas!
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. I admired this one on Flickr Kirsten! I hope the one you receive in return is just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful pillow - such "down under Christmas " greens to. Love it and and the movie too. Hope you get a fabulous cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely cushion cover - love the bright holiday colours you can use in Australia.

    ReplyDelete