Monday, March 30, 2015

Terra Australis Swoon mini

The "Swoon" pattern by Thimbleblossoms is one of my favourites and after seeing Janelles beautiful quilt, I decided to make a mini quilt using some of the Terra Australis fabrics by Emma Jean Jansen.
I chose a few combinations of prints from TA1 and TA2 for the 4 blocks and cut all of the pieces out, and fussy cut a few of the designs for the centre block.
Once the blocks were made, I added in a few squares of the yellow and grey boomerang fabrics into the sashing.
And then quilted it in straight lines - I love how vibrant these fabrics are against the grey background. And although I do participate in quite a few mini quilt swaps, this one is definitely staying with me:)
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
This project was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah for a finish! I love the swoon pattern. I have yet to make my version. Real life is doing its best to thwart me from the sewing machine at the moment. I am living vicariously through everyone else's finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...don't you just love a swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gray background -- really makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete