Sunday, March 11, 2012

One thing-one week (11): Quilt Process mini

I have had the screen printed panel for this Quilt Process mini for about 6 months now - I think I may have even bought the last one available from Amy at During Quiet Time in August last year. So this was a good project to finish off as my "One thing, One week" challenge item. 
I used some of my favourite pale/dark pink, grey, and yellow fabrics to make the 3 blocks for this mini quilt late last year but I am glad that I waited so long to finish the quilting on this though as I don't think I would have been brave enough to attempt the handstitching a few months ago. 
I had a matching pale pink thread which was just the right shade! Don't look too closely at the french knot I did in red for the apple though - definitely need more practice at those:)
  Just need to find a place to hang this now.....
Amy's Creative Side
Linking to the One thing, One week challenge at Amy's Creative Side, Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, Little Quilt Monday with Elizabeth at Pieceful Life, and Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. It looks fab, well done for tackling all the hand stitching :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! And your hand quilting looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very fun! What a nice little finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the saying and the hand quilting. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsten! I'm a new follower. Just popped in from Fabric Tuesday. I love how your mini turned out with your scrappy blocks to the side, and your hand-stitching looks really great! Nice to *meet* you. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have admired that panel, and you did a super job on this mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mini-quilt! That says it all! Really cute.

    ReplyDelete