Wednesday, September 2, 2015

#Terra Australis Quilt

This week I managed to finish off my Hashtag quilt which I made using the beautiful Terra Australis fabrics by Emma Jean Jansen.
The Hashtag quilt is one of the projects from Camille Roskelleys fabulous "Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple" class on Craftsy.
For the quilting, I used the serpentine stitch on my machine which was really quick and easy to do and I love how it has turned out! 
I used a bamboo wadding for this quilt and it is so incredibly soft.
The backing is one of the TA1 prints - Spots In Ocean Blue which I was also going to use for the border but decided not to add it to the front as it is quite "busy".
And there are Kangaroos hopping around the edge of the quilt - I think they are my favourite print from the Terra Australis range :)
Whilst out for a late afternoon drive, one of my sons was kind enough to help out with some photos at a rainforest mural down by the river which was the perfect backdrop for this quilt.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Love the quilting and brilliant photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great setting for you photos, very appropriate too! Your choice of background fabrics works well with the busy TA prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully and what a perfect photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours for your hash tags!! That mural was the perfect spot for a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - and what a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found the absolutely perfect spot to photograph this quilt!

    ReplyDelete