Monday, June 30, 2014

A Social Tote

With quite a bit of help from the photos and notes on the pattern page, I managed to finish off the Social Tote just in time for the 2nd quarter FAL. 
Once again, the binding clips came in very handy for holding down the binding whilst handstitching it in place which was one of the trickier parts of making the tote.  
And as I was using denim for the sides, I didn't quilt the side panels as I thought they would be firm enough but it probably would have made the whole tote a bit sturdier if I had.
Penny did a great review recently of the pattern with a few hints and tips as this isn't the easiest of projects to sew. I am quite keen to make another one as I just happened to pick up some of the cute Tula pink raccoon fabric which Jess @scrappynhappy used in her Social Tote - it was perfect for fussy cutting the pockets and pincushion.
Finish Along 2014
This Social tote was on my list of finishes for the Q2 FAL hosted by Katy @ The littlest Thistle.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. awesome work Kirsten! - I HONESTLY could never have sewn this without Lorena's expert help in our class yesterday - all those fiddly lining bits! And sewing on the binding was the least sewing-fun I've had for a while! Can't wait to hand-stitch the binding down and then I'm DONE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great! I still need to finish the hand sewing, will try to do it tonight. Have you seen Catherine's? Hers has great fussy cutting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The denim looks great with the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks absolutely super! Be proud of this lovely finish - it will come in awfully handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore adore adore this tote. and in about 900 years, i hope to find time to do one myself :) until then, I will simply drool over these pics of yours :)
    XX! Lori

    ReplyDelete