Friday, August 2, 2013

X-factor pillow swap: Hexalicious!

Another round of the X-Factor pillow swap has just finished. 
 This time the theme was "hexagons" so I decided to do a block using one of Kristy @ Quiet Play's fabulous patterns. 
This block is the "Stitch In Time" block from Kristy's "And Sew On" paper pieced series.

Can you see the tiny needle in there?
I did a some handstitched details and added a border using some lovely yarn dyed linen to make it into an 18"  pillow cover.  
 Some of the others in the group have already received their pillows but this one may take a little longer to get to its new home:)
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory. Kirsten.

17 comments:

  1. Love this as a cushion - fab idea! Your hexies are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful! Love the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute Kirsten. I love the little details, like the needle. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea :o) I have a fear with these kind of swaps that I'd get given a topic and then get instant brain freeze o.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to turn this into a pillow! I love the blocks in this series, but don't think I could make a full quilt out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute pillow, love every detail!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful pillow!!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun pillow! I can see the needle- the must have taken a lot of attention to detail...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful! I love the black inner border and your choice of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the steam coming out of the tea cup! Turned out sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that is a lovely cushion! The touch of embroidery really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice fabric choices and I love your curling steam above your teacup. Great job!

    ReplyDelete