Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fantastic Mr Fox pillow

The theme for the last X-factor swap on flickr was to use the classic English fabrics "Liberty". 
I decided to make a  Fancy Fox pillow using the pattern by Elizabeth Hartman as she originally used Liberty fabrics to make her Foxes.
I used some of the Liberty "Stile" prints which I was fortunate to win from Annabella a few years ago, along with some chambray for the pillow..
The Stile collection is based on Art Nouveau designs and the  Scottish designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
This pillow was quilted in a cross hatch design which is also a favourite of mine, and backed in some very British looking moustaches and top hat fabric.
I named this pillow Fantastic Mr Fox after the book of the same name which was written by the British author Roald Dahl as it was a favourite of mine when I was at school.
I have now sent this pillow off to its new home but I think I may have to make another one soon:)

Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. I was just admiring the X-Factor cushions for this month on Flick'r! They are all lovely! I look forward to seeing which one you receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! Great fabric picks. I love the little foxes and think a baby quilt would be so wonderful. Wish I had a family member that would have a baby, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should proof read before pushing publish - thanks once again for such a fabulous pillow - I love my Liberty foxes!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Kirsten! I spied it earlier today on this blog post, how crazy is that - http://justjulielou.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/weekending_28.html - which I found through Rachel's blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete