Sunday, November 24, 2013

X factor pillow swap: X and + pillow

Last week I showed you the beautiful pillow I received from Brooke (Pitter Putter Stitch) in the X factor pillow swap, so now I thought that I would share more on the pillow I made now that it has reached it's new home at Pam's place. 
This round had a Low Volume theme and at first I thought that I would not have enough LV fabrics to make a pillow from...
Then I decided to sew some X and + blocks which was also the bee block I chose for my round of the Simply Solids Bee earlier this year.
I made 4 blocks which finished at 10" each using a tutorial from Ariane quilts, with some linen to make the "+" part of the block as I really like the texture the linen adds. Then I just did some simple straight line/echo quilting.
For the back I used a cute dotty bird print and the pillow was finished off with a grey stripey binding ending up at 20" square.
I have participated in all 7 rounds of this fab swap and have recieved such a wonderful variety of pillows from the following lovely ladies: Low Volume pillow from Brooke (Pitter PutterStitch), Cocktail Party pillow from Rachel(woodenspoon),Broken chain pillow from Cottilello, Hexie pillow from Amy (AmySewVT),  Fractured Jet Lag pillow  from Stephanie (spontaneous threads), Squares pillow from Leanne @shecanquilt,Circle squared pillow - Lisa (incorgiable2). (PS: the Scottie dog and owl aren't from the X factor swap but are up there to keep an eye on the pillows to make sure the kids don't throw them on the floor, as they are not usually lined up this neatly).
And these are the pillows I have sent off in return. The next theme is "Log cabin and Text" and is not due until 25th January 2014 so there is plenty of time to get sewing if you would like to join in.
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. I love the pillow you made in the swap and that photo of your sofa is wonderful. It is lovely to see the pillow I made in that beautiful group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided I need some low volume pillows after seeing all the wonderful ones in the Flick'r set! Yours was one I had particularly admired Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning LV pillow - so effective! I just love your beautiful and colourful sofa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous collection both sent and received there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a great collection of pillows from this swap! Can't wait to see what pops up in the group next round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous pillows. How do we join this? Do we just make a pillow according to the theme and link it to the flickr group on the 25th Jan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your low volume cushion looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of the low volume quilt. I will have to start collecting more light color fabrics. My stash is mostly medium to dark with some brights thrown in.

    ReplyDelete