Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Super Zig" - WIP # 2

I saw this amazing "Super Zig" quilt pattern by the "Happy Zombie" a few weeks ago and as I have always wanted to make a zig zag quilt, thought it would be the perfect one to use some of the DS Picnic and Fairgrounds fabrics with. So on Saturday afternoon, I cut into this lovely bundle of fabrics:
I decided to add in an extra column to the original pattern, so cut a few (3 or 4) 4.5 x 8.5 inch pieces from each fabric and arranged them into 6 columns.
The finished size is 200 x 205 cm (approx 82 x 84 inches). Just need to decide how to quilt it now................

Linking up to Canoe Ridge Creations Sew Modern Monday , Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday, and Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday (which is at Don't call Me Betsy this week), and to Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day, 
so head on over to one of these blogs and check out some of the beautiful creations.
Kirsten.

20 comments:

  1. I love this. I was all set to make a whirligig quilt with my Picnic and Fairgrounds but now that I've seen this... I'm not so sure. Great job! http://www.paperstarfish.prettyposies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! love those rainbow zigs! you're a girl after my own heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I saw a zig zag quilt that had echoed zig zag 1/4 inch spacing in the white only. It was very attractive. How ever you quilt it, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. I'm doing a zig zag quilt in Chasing Cotton's Quilt class 101 and can't wait to see what Rebecca will suggest for the quilting. Like the previous poster, I'm thinking echo quilting too. You've got a beautiful quilt .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of the quilt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I quite like that! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!! Love the pattern, love the fabrics, all of it :) You're making me want those DS Quilts yellows, which I don't currently have! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, yes. I've been admiring this on Flickr! Such a cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have thought to use these fabrics like this, but it looks amazing! I would also love to do a zigzag quilt one day :). How did you collect all of those DS prints, though? I thought some were Australia only (or are you in Australia?).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so lovely! I've got a zig zag somewhere down my list of quilts to make, and I've seen them done with straight-line quiltling following the path of the zig zags... totally awesome. Can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its BEAUTIFUL! i love zig zag quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful zig zag quilt! You are making me wish I had gotten those DS prints...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! I love how you put it together. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful !! the quilt zig zag .. this in my next projects

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! I have been wanting to try a zig zag quilt using this technique too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! I'm so jealous that Australia seemed to get more of the yellow prints! I decided to decorate my dining room around this collection, but most of what I found in the US was red and blue.

    Lovely quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful and fresh - nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! That is beautiful quilt and the colours are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete