Monday, December 12, 2011

A busy December.....

This time of year is always busy but the past few days were even more so than usual, with a lot happening in our household. I made another quick trip to Brisbane with my daughter to see the QLD Ballet production of Swan Lake which was wonderful - it is definitely my favourite ballet!



Queensland Ballet presents Swan Lake from Queensland Ballet on Vimeo.


And yesterday I went to Rainbow patchwork In Lismore  to do the Braided Tote bag class with 5 other ladies. We all had different fabrics and they were all quilted on the Gammill during our lunch break and they looked amazing.
 We all agreed that it was lovely to go to a class and 6 hours later, have a totally (toteally :) finished item to take home!!!
 Then we had my husbands work christmas party last night - his boss hired a "super stretched" Chrysler limousine to take us all to the Lennox Head Hotel for dinner. I haven't been in a limo before so it was quite exciting - and you really do feel like a bit of a rockstar:) It was a lovely evening and we had views over the ocean from the restaurant balcony. I chose the Bangalow Sweet Pork Rib cutlet which was delicious, and then sorbet (pistachio, berry and swiss chocolate) for dessert - yum!!!!!!!
 Now I am off to Sydney for a couple of days for work, then come back in time for Gemmas dance concert on Friday night, and an early christmas get together with my husbands family on the weekend.
Linking up to Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.......
Fresh Poppy Design


Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. wow - what a great weekend! And your bag is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy girl! The tote looks fab though, and your Christmas night out sounds better than our work one was ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you find the time to blog?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun bag. It is amazing that it only took a 6 hour class to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your bag! Super cute! And it sounds like you had a very nice evening...I enjoyed reading about the ocean view especially!! (P.S. I stopped in through your post on Fabric tuesdays.)

    ReplyDelete