Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday - "Phoebe"

I have all of the pieces cut out for my Phoebe elephant - I am using a matchng green felt for some of the pieces too. And I think she will be very pretty in the Ruby fabric.
I have made a couple of soft toys before but was quite pleased to find a tutorial on the Melly and Me blog about making up patterns like this one as I had no idea how to do the legs properly! The Scottie dog was made from a free pattern on the Denyse Schmidt site, and the owl was from a Saffron Craig fabric panel.
I am also making good progress on the Architextures quilt but more on that later........
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with Phoebe! I too have made Melly and Me soft toys, so shout out if you need help! They are fun to make, watching their personalities develop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, I like so much your cute animals! Cant't wait to see your new quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's going to be very cute in that fabric! Congrats on your win over at SMS in the sew along too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sweet fabrics for the elephant!

    Love the Scotty dog and owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your toys are adorable (especially the owl!) - good luck with the elephant!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! It is looking great so far... the fabrics are lovely. And you did such a great job with the other ones.

    ReplyDelete