Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blogger's Qult Festival - Group/Bee quilt entry

It is that time of the year again when we get to share quilts for the wonderful Bloggers Quilt festival hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side.
AmysCreativeSide
And this time I am able to enter into the Group/Bee quilt category, as this year I have participated in my first quilting bee.
Earlier this year, I asked my 11 fellow Simply Solids Fallow group members to make some X and + blocks using this tutorial, which I then made into this bright and colourful quilt which finished at 48 x 62" after washing.
I asked the group to "Stash-bust" and I love the variety of colours that they have used for the blocks. I added in some bright cornerstones and used a dark grey for the sashing, then a royal blue for the binding.
I just did fairly simple echo quilting along the sashing and in the "X" parts of the blocks, which shows up better on the back. 
Thanks for visiting and if you get a chance, please visit as many of the wonderfully inspiring quilts at the BQF.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. And you know how much I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see this one finished! I kept seeing the blocks in the Flickr pool.... It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great finish and perfect for the festival. The solids are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great variety of colours in this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love both your entries, Kirsten. I love seeing this one again. It is a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete